Magento as a CMS:
To enhance the customer's online experience, the CMS provides ample ways. You are provided with a liberty to select the layout and design template. Further, CMS widgets can be easily placed in blocks or pages of the CMS. Magento provides you with the option to maintain and update the modules at a lower cost with ease.
Electronic commerce is the facilitation of trading any or every kind of products & services online. The business transactions take place in business-to-business, business-to-consumer, consumer-to-consumer or consumer-to-business modes.
Privileges of Magento Platform:
1. Open Source Platform: The Magento community edition is free to use and is open source. Since, it is written in PHP, it is easily customized. These two reasons make it the perfect fit to be used for an Ecommerce store. Whether you are a small business owner, or big firm owner it acts best for you.
2. Easy to extend: Only a few platforms allow you to easily upgrade, update, disable, enable your website, and Magento is one of them. With the admin level access it's easy to upgrade, enable, disable the extension used to manage the website.
3. Scalable: With Magento as the CMS, one can do almost anything that is required to be done from an online business owner's perspective. Being open source and written in the PHP programming language, it allows huge amount of flexibility. It's best suitable for almost every kind of business process. It's easy to start with a single server in the beginning, and then you could switch to another server or make changes accordingly.
4. SEO friendly: Whether it's about customizing your URLs for SEO, or having sitemaps or even adding Meta Tags, you can expect Magento to handle the job with ease. Even for multi-layered navigation, Magento CMS platform is a great choice.
5. Multi-site Single Install: Sometimes you need to provide various currency option to customers as per their country preference. At times, you need to run multiple shops for listing a product. In that scenario, Magneto acts as the best media to get the work accomplished.
6. Rich in Features: The Magento Content Management System offers almost everything that's required to run a successful eCommerce website. Where it's about product and catalog browsing, advanced search feature, order management, payment processing gateways, you can accomplish the job here. The extension API's are simply astounding.
7. Code Level Access: You can easily make the alteration in coding party as well, since it's an open source platform written in PHP language.
8. Security: As your website is your online presence, it should not be at stake at any cost. Considering this the platform provides high priority to security. The enterprise edition is the most secure version which comes with Secure Payment Bridge PCI PA- DSS.